Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai
Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai was born in Venmony Panchayat of Alappuzha District, Kerala to V.G. Sukumaran Nair and Bhavani Amma. Shri Sreedharan Pillai is a successful lawyer, a former politician, an organizer par excellence, an orator, a prolific writer, a philanthropist and a thinker.
Shri Pillai graduated in Arts from Pandalam NSS College. He was an elected office-bearer of the College Union. Later, he pursued his Degree in Law from Calicut Law College and completed the course in the year 1978. During his stint at the Law College, Shri Pillai was the Editor of the College Magazine of his tenure, which marked protest against the Emergency and the Indira Gandhi Government, was much talked about at that time. He was elected as Law College Union Vice-Chairman besides elected Senate Member of Calicut University
Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai has held the following positions:
- State Convenor, Lok Tantric Yuva Morcha
- Lok Sangarsh Samithi activist and its student wing leader (Anti Emergency Agitation)
- District President, State Secretary – Yuva Morcha (1980s onwards)
- President, Bar Association, Kozhikode (1995)
- Managing Editor, Janmabhumi Malayalam Daily
- Senior Central Government Standing Counsel, High Court of Kerala (Asst. Solicitor General) - 2001-2003
- CBI Standing Counsel – High Court of Kerala (2001-2002)
- Kerala President, Atya-Patya Sports Association
- Kerala Advisor, Chess Association
- District President, Kabadi Association
- State President, Kerala Publishers and Writers Association
- District President, Martial Arts
- BJP National Executive Member
- BJP Central Prabhari for Lakshadweep (Formed BJP in Lakshadweep)
- District President (Kerala State BJP)
- State Secretary (Kerala State BJP)
- State General Secretary (Kerala State BJP)
- Vice President and Spokesperson (Kerala State BJP)
- President (Kerala State BJP 2003-2006 & 2018-2019)
- 21st Governor of Mizoram (5th November, 2019 to 14th July, 2021).
A bilingual author, Shri Pillai writes both in English and his mother-tongue Malayalam with ease and dexterity on topics close to his heart such as politics, social and legal issues and poetry. So far he has written more than 130 books including 15 poetry collections in Malayalam and English.
Shri Pillai married Adv. Reetha at Kozhikode in 1984. His only son, Arjun Sreedhar is a lawyer at the High Court of Kerala and started his profession as junior to his father. His daughter in law Jipsa Arjun is a Post-graduate in Paediatric Dentistry and practicing at Cochin. His daughter Arya Arun is a Post-graduate in Dental Science and practicing in Calicut, while her husband Arun Krishna Dhan is also a lawyer in High Court of Kerala and started his career as junior to his father in law. Shri Pillai was bestowed with D.Litt in the year 2020 by J.J. University.
On 15th July, 2021, Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai was sworn in as the 22nd Governor of the State of Goa