1. On this festive occasion of Onam on 21st August 2021, I extend my heartiest greetings and warm wishes to the people of Goa and particularly my brethren from Kerala.
2. This colourful and joyous national festival of Onam comme-morates the homecoming every year of King Mahabali who was a just and benevolent king revered by his subjects. Floral decorations are made in front of homes to welcome this great king and prayers are made for happiness and prosperity. It is a 10-day long festival celebrated with great gaiety and enthusiasm and marked by a rich tapestry of cultural events. The uniqueness of Onam lies in the fact that it is celebrated by other communities with equal zest.
3. Festivals such as Onam add to the rich cultural landscape of our country as people from all communities join the festivals. Such festive occasions serve to strengthen the bond of togetherness and oneness of people. They reaffirm our faith in the principle of unity in diversity.
4. While celebrating Onam this year, I urge all the people to strictly follow Covid appropriate behavior and restrictions/regulations issued by the State Government. I appeal to all of you to stay safe and stay healthy.
5. May this Onam bring renewed peace, prosperity and happiness to one and all.
P.S. Sreedharan Pillai