Ex-officio role of governor
- The Governor is the Chancellor of the Goa University and exercises powers delegated under the Goa University Act, 1984 and the Statutes of the University
- The Governor is the ex-officio President of the Indian Red Cross Society, Goa Branch and has the powers to appoint the Chairman, Hon. Secretary, etc.
- The Governor is the President of the Goa State Environment Protection Council, which is an Advisory Body, set up by the Government of Goa.
- The Governor is the Chairman of the Special Fund for the Reconstruction and Rehabilitation of Ex-Servicemen.
- The Governor is the Chairman of the Monitoring Cell for prevention of ragging in educational institutions.