Smt. Mridula Sinha, Governor of The State of Goa, India.
Date of Birth: 27th November, 1942, Muzzafarpur, Bihar,
Mother: Late Anupa Devi
Father: Late Chhabile Singh
Husband: Dr. Ram Kripal Sinha, Ex Member of Parliament and Former Minister of State, Government of India.
- 1962 - B.A Hons. (Psychology), MDDM College, Bihar University
- 1964- M.A (Psychology), Bihar University
- 1971- B.Ed, Bihar University
- 1964-68: Lecturer at Dr.S.K. Sinha Women’s College, Motihari, Bihar.
- 1968-77: Principal at Bhartiya Shishu Mandir, Muzzaffarpur, Bihar.
Administrative Responsibilities and Experience:
- 2004: Member, Rajbhasha Samiti, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- 2004: Member, Hindi Salahakar Samiti, Ministry of Steel.
- 1998-2004, Member, Rajbhasha Samiti, Ministry of Railways.
- 1996-1998: Member, Delhi Commission for Women, Government of Delhi
- 1998-2004: Chairperson, Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB), Ministry of Human Resources.
During her tenure as Chairperson propagated innovative schemes/programmes like,
- Kuan Pyasa Programme i.e. officers to go to villages in search of good and honest voluntary organisations for implementing government schemes
- Integration of Old Age Homes with Creches
- Vocational Training Programme in Traditional Arts, package of programme for widows of men killed in terrorist activities etc were implemented
- Educational tours for Girl students of the age group of 14-19 years belonging poor families with the girls from town and cities who have no opportunity of moving out of their usual surroundings. The objective of the camp is to reduce the gap existing between village children and those of cities.
- Manvi Samman Bhoj, a unique concept to make people aware of the need to give proper nutrition to women. It’s a community feast where raw materials for food are collected and prepared by community participation and women are served and fed first. Men served and women took food.
- ‘Pehchan Parv’- 2002 Year of Recognition promoting genuine voluntary organisations which are sincere in their efforts. It also tried to identify the problems of a society that is undergoing changes in values because of the challenges of globalization.
- Pre Martial Counselling Centers, providing better counselling to youth to prepare them for family responsibilities.
- Swashakti Kendras, undertook various schemes providing training to women from economically and socially weaker sections of the society to enable them to become self reliant.
- Kanya Janm Mahotasava, one area of village or town used to celebrate birth of all girl children on a single day. It is like festivals for the local area.
- Parivar Shakhistakarn/Empowering Family, propagating the idea of Family Empowerment instead of Women Empowerment as empowering Family will empower all units of family.
- Na Tijori Na Pani, money of the government for social changes should go to honest voluntary agencies and should be duly utilised in current financial year.
Political Responsibilities and Experience:
- 1981- August 2014: Member, National Executive, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- 2012-2014: Prabhari, BJP Mahila Morcha
- 2008-10: Prabhari, BJP Mahila Morcha
- 2006- 08: Convenor, NGO Cell, BJP
- 1996-98: Vice President, All India BJP
- 1986-96: President, BJP Mahila Morcha
- 1980-86: Co-Convenor Women Cell, AlBJP
- 1980: Election Incharge, New Delhi, Parliamentary Constituency
- 1977: Election Incharge, Muzzaffarpur, Parliamentary Constituency
- 1975: Active Participation in Samagra Kranti led by Jay Prakash Narayan.
- Member of BJP Disciplinary Action Committee for two terms.
Social Responsibilities and Experience:
- President, Surya Sansthan Noida: (till August 2014)
- President, Raj Mata Vijaya Raje Scindhia Smriti Nyas, Delhi : (till August 2014)
- Vice-President, Akhil Bhartiya Sahitya Parishad: (till August 2014)
- Founder and editor: (i) Panchva Stambh magazine (ii) The Fifth Pillar magazine : (till August 2014)
- Participated in more than 500 programs of All India Radio and Doordarshan on literary, political and social issues.
Authored Books and Publications:
- More than 65 books in various disciplines, special subjects of her writing are village life, woman and folklore, handicap, village, politics, IT to name a few.
- Jyo Mehndi Ko Rang based on person with disabilities
- Nayi Devyani based on Family life
- Gharwaas based on social political changes in village life of labourers who returns to Bihar from Punjab. It was also translated in English, ‘A Home at Last’
- Sita Puni Boli depicting Sita Mata from Ramayana
- Vijayni, the story of strong and wise young lady Savitri, wife of Satyavan.
- Atishaya based on IT
- Paritapt Lankeshwari based on Mandodari, wife of Ravan, a strong lady from Ramayana.
- Biography: Rajpath Se Lokpath Per (on Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia, the erstwhile Maharani of Gwalior.
- Stories Collections:
- Ek Diye Ki Diwali,
- Sparsh Ki Taseer,
- Apna Jeevan
- Dhai Bigha Jamin
- Antim Ichha
- Essay Collection:
- Aine Ke Saamne
- Maanvi Ke Naate
- Vikash ka Viswas
- Nari na Katputli, Na Udanpari
- Aurat Aviksit Purush Nahi
- Matra Deh Nahi Aurat
- Bitia Hai Vishesh
- Swachhata Sanskar
- Yayawari Ankhon Se
- Bihar Ki Lok Kathaye (for Children)
- Regular Columns in Various National and Regional Hindi newspapers, magazines and periodicals.
Short Films and features based on authored work:
- Dattak (NFDC), Feature film
- Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi, Feature film
- Udhaar ka Sooraj (Doordarshan), film
- Jyon Mehndi Ko Rang (Doordarshan Serial),
- Khel Khel Mein (Doordarshan Telefilm)
Awards and Accolades Literary Conferences (National and International):
- Sahitya Bhushan Samman, Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan
- Honoured by Vishwantara Hindi Sammiti, New York (1999)
- Rashtriya Shikhar Samman.
- Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Samman, Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan (2001)
- Kalpataru Samman, Delhi (1989)
- Ojaswini Shikhar Samman
- Sahitya Shri Samman
- 21 Scholars have been awarded PhD degree for their thesis on her litererary works
Foreign Seminars, Paper presentations and Conferences (International)
- Tours to the countries of Germany, Manila, New York for various conferences and paper presentations.
- Participated in Vishwa Hindi Sammelan in England, Surinam, South Africa and Mauritius over a period of many years.